The latest announcements from the British Government setting out some general easing of restrictions have allowed the preparations for the Yacht Racing Forum 2020 to continue with a stronger degree of confidence that the event will be able to take place in November in Portsmouth.
Organised by MaxComm Communication and hosted by Portsmouth Harbour Marine, the event in Portsmouth, UK, on November 23-24, 2020 will reassemble members of the yacht racing community and sailing industry from many parts of the world to discuss the present and future of our sport and do business.
“The health and safety of our delegates and supporters are at the heart of our concerns and planning,” says Bernard Schopfer, the organizer of the event. “The Forum will take place in four months’ time and the recent announcements by the British Government have given us confidence that we will be able to run the event safely. YRF will ensure all measures are in place which will be appropriate for the prevailing rules in November.”
Portsmouth is a major Maritime City located at the hub of design, manufacturing, technology and innovation in southern England. Portsmouth has historically always played a vital role in the maritime world, as well as in competitive sailing.
“Preparations for the Yacht Racing Forum 2020 continue and there are already over one hundred confirmed participants, fifty top level speakers while many key global companies involved in the yacht racing industry have confirmed their involvement”, says Mark Bowden CEO of Portsmouth Harbour Marine. “We are monitoring the situation very carefully regarding the emerging regulations which will be required to ensure the event is held safely. Portsmouth welcomes the YRF to showcase the city and its strong and vital links to all sectors of the global maritime industry. Portsmouth is ready and open for business again and is preparing to host the first UK based edition of the Yacht Racing Forum.”
Details of the Forum, such as the speakers or the draft conference programme are available online. Other supporting activities will be communicated as they are confirmed given the last few months of uncertainty.
For more information and registration: www.yachtracingforum.com
Yacht Racing Forum 2020 facts & figures :
- The Yacht Racing Forum 2020 will take place in Portsmouth, UK, on November 23-24
- The dates selected avoid clashes with METS, Le Nautic (Paris Boat Show), Thanksgiving, World Sailing’s annual conference and other sailing-related events announced to date
- The evening reception will take place on Monday, November 23, at the BAR America’s Cup base.
- The Yacht Racing Forum 2020 will reassemble key personalities from within the yacht racing industry worldwide; event organisers, sponsors, designers and builders, athletes, insurance and financial companies, specialised media and more
- Registrations for the Yacht Racing Forum 2020 are open. There may be a restriction in the number of delegates admitted due to distancing measures. Priority will be given to the first registrants.
For more information and registration for the Yacht Racing Forum 2020 in Portsmouth, United Kingdom: www.yachtracingforum.com
For more information about Portsmouth: https://www.visitportsmouth.co.uk