In the latest episode of The Yacht Racing Podcast Yacht Racing Life website editor Justin Chisholm and 2016-17 Vendee Globe skipper Conrad Colman breakdown what has proved to be a thrilling seven days in the Vendee Globe solo around the world yacht race.
Amongst other things the pair discuss:
– Alex Thomson’s shock withdrawal from the race, including speculation on what the British skipper might do next
– Kevin Escoffier’s spectacular mid-ocean sinking and equally amazing night time liferaft rescue by fellow competitor Jean Le cam
– The repair prospects for Sam Davies and Sebastien Simon as they both head towards Cape Town in search of calmer conditions
– Louis Burton’s impressive surge into second place on a tried and trusted boat that won the previous edition
– A quick update from Conrad on the Sodebo Ultim crew’s progress on their Jules Verne Trophy record attempt
To ask Justin and Conrad a question about the Vendee Globe you can email them at email@example.com or contact us on Twitter via @yachtracinglife
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.