In the latest episode of The Yacht Racing Podcast Yacht Racing Life website editor Justin Chisholm and 2016-17 Vendee Globe skipper Conrad Colman breakdown what has proved to be a thrilling seven days in the Vendee Globe solo around the world yacht race.
Amongst other things the pair discuss:
– Alex Thomson’s shock withdrawal from the race, including speculation on what the British skipper might do next
– Kevin Escoffier’s spectacular mid-ocean sinking and equally amazing night time liferaft rescue by fellow competitor Jean Le cam
– The repair prospects for Sam Davies and Sebastien Simon as they both head towards Cape Town in search of calmer conditions
– Louis Burton’s impressive surge into second place on a tried and trusted boat that won the previous edition
– A quick update from Conrad on the Sodebo Ultim crew’s progress on their Jules Verne Trophy record attempt
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.