On this latest Vendee Globe special episode of The Yacht Racing Podcast our co-hosts British sailing journalist Justin Chisholm and ocean racing expert/past Vendee Globe competitor Conrad Colman analyse the excitement and drama of the solo fleet’s third week out on the Atlantic, including:
- How leader Charlie Dalin managed to wriggle his way through the frustratingly light winds of the Saint Helena high pressure system and into the stronger winds of the Southern Ocean
- Alex Thomson’s damage discovery and his remarkable one-man repair programme that has kept him in the race – albeit hundreds of miles behind the leader
- How the damage to the port foil on second-placed Thomas Ruyant’s LinkedOut may impact his chances of a podium result
- Justin quizzes Conrad on exactly what it is like to race solo through the Southern Ocean
- The pair’s excitement over the Jules Verne Trophy Ultim teams Gitana and Sodebo setting off on their quest to complete a lap of the world in under 40 days
All this and much more besides….
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.