With the Vendee Globe skippers approaching the end of an action packed second week at sea there is plenty to discuss for host Justin Chisholm and past Vendee Globe competitor Conrad Colman, including:
– a dismasting for Nicolas Troussel on Corum
– a badly torn mainsail for Japanese skipper Kojiro Shiraishi on DMG Mori
– the restart of Jérémie Beyou on Charal
Plus, the leading pack led by Alex Thomson have crossed the equator and are into the Southern Hemisphere.
Also on the podcast:
– why the skippers of the other new boats may well be feeling nervous after Troussel’s dismasting
– what – if anything – we learned about the extent of the damage to Charal and how Beyou might fare as he tries to chase down the fleet
– Doldrums? What Doldrums?
– why the foilers are coming to the fore
– why Alex Thomson’s lead at the front of the fleet may not really be as narrow as it seems
– How the weather scenario over the next few days could have a race changing impact – or not – on the leading trio
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.
Main image © Vendee Globe