Yacht Racing Life website editor Justin Chisholm and his expert co-host, Vendee Globe skipper Conrad Colman, pore of the possibilities for the final 2,000 miles of the Vendee Globe solo around-the-world race.
As well as trying to guesstimate which of the three front-runners – Charlie Dalin on Apivia, Louis Burton on Bureau Vallee, or Boris Herrmann on Seaexplorer Yacht Club de Monaco – will make it to the finish in Les Sables D’Olonne ahead, the pair also cover:
- How the last week played out to set up such a tightly fought race so close to the finish
- A tip of the hat for a bold strategy from Louis Burton to split from his rivals – and has it paid off?
- A recap of how the race has played out for each of the top three skippers
- Why a massive storm system coming across the Atlantic will likely play a huge role in deciding the winner
- Which of the three skippers might cope best with the pressure of such a close race?
- Put your money where your mouth is time – who do Justin and Conrad think are going to win, and why?
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.