Yacht Racing Life website editor Justin Chisholm is joined once again by ocean racing expert Conrad Colman to mull over the latest goings on in the Vendee Globe solo around-the-world yacht race on the fleet’s ninth week at sea.
Amongst the topics the pair discuss:
– Pip Hare’s daring and heroic mid-ocean rudder replacement
– Should Alex Thomson have packed a spare rudder?
– The needle match going on between Charlie Dalin and Thomas Ruyant for second place
– Will Yannick Bestaven’s lead dwindle away over coming days?
– Hats off to Damien Seguin and Louis Burton for their performances so far on non-foiling boats – at the time of recording they are fourth and fifth respectively
– What happens next? Who will suffer most from a restart?
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.