The fifth week at sea for the Vendee Globe solo skippers has proved to be a stormy affair with the leading duo Charlie Dalin on Apivia and Thomas Ruyant on LinkedOut both riding the leading edge of a fast-moving Southern Ocean cold front and the chasing pack experiencing some ferocious winds and waves in its wake.
On this latest Vendee Globe special episode of The Yacht Racing Podcast 2016-17 Vendee Globe skipper Conrad Colman joins Yacht Racing Life website editor Justin Chisholm to pore over the key points of what’s been going on out on the Southern Ocean, including:
- How the skippers have been dealing with the Southern Ocean storms
- Charlie Dalin’s composure continues to impress
- Jean Le Cam sails on alone after Kevin Escoffier extraction
- Sam Davies’ plans to complete her circumnavigation outside the race
- Why this edition is unexpectedly proving to be much slower than the last one
- In the Jules Verne Trophy – Conrad wonders about the slowdown he witnessed today on the tracker for Sodebo and ponders what it might mean for the team’s around the world record attempt
All this and more besides….
To listen to this episode click play below or search for The Yacht Racing Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify – or wherever else you get you podcasting fix.