The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award unveils the members of its international jury: Loris von Siebenthal (SUI), Chris Museler (USA), Justin Chisholm (GBR), Lucas Rizzotti (ITA) and Nicolas Mirabaud (SUI).
The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image (of the Century) photo competition is pleased to announce the composition of its International Jury 2020. Loris von Siebenthal, photographer and winner of the 2019 edition, Chris Museler, Journalist at the New York Times, Justin Chisholm, Editor of the Yacht Racing Life website, Luca Rizzotti, Founder and president of the Foiling Week and Nicolas Mirabaud, Managing Partner and member of the Executive Committee of Mirabaud & Cie SA, will select the best sailing photos taken since the beginning of the 21st Century.
The members of the jury will base their selection on three criteria: the emotion generated by the photographs, their originality and technical difficulty.
Initiated in 2010, the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award is the leading international photo competition dedicated to the sport of sailing. It aims, exceptionally in 2020, to celebrate the best sailing photos taken since the turn of the century.
The top 80 images will be pre-selected by our three professional photographers / editors / journalists and published on the event website on 15 October. Then public vote will be open until 10 November 2020 to determine the public award.
The 20 best images chosen by the international jury will be announced and exhibited at the Yacht Racing Forum. A third prize will be awarded to the image selected by delegates during the event.
EXTRACT OF THE RULES
- The window for submission of photos is open until October 6th at 23:59 PM (GMT) via the event website.
- The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image of the Century award is valid in 2020 only. The purpose of this special prize is to celebrate the best images taken since the beginning of the Century and their authors.
- The photographs submitted must have been taken between January 1, 2000, and October 6, 2020.
Photographers can submit one photograph each.
- The images submitted cannot have been previously submitted for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award.
- The photographs must be submitted before October 6, 2020 at 23:59 (GMT).
- The votes by the international jury will be based on the following criteria: emotion, technical difficulty and originality
- The 80 best images, selected by our international jury, will be published on the event website on October 15, 2020.