The 52 Super Series 2018 season stood out before it had even started.
Of the 12 teams at the opening event, nine had brand new boats at the dock. Nine highly refined, carbon fibre machines, costing around 2 million Euros apiece. And when it came to the teams, there were Olympic medallists, America’s Cup victors, inshore rock stars and offshore heroes…the dockside was awash with talent.
Whichever way you looked at it, this was going to be a tough season to win.
In addition to looking at all five of the events that made up the season, this 52 min documentary finds out:
- Why nine owners chose to spend €20 million to gain an edge
- What’s makes a modern TP52 tick
- How Quantum Racing planned for success
- How sustainability played its part throughout the series
- Interviews with the top players on the circuit